Item fields can be automatically filled in when an item moves to a particular step. You can set an exact value for the field, calculate a field value using the Comindware Expression language, or clear the field value as soon as the item moves through the transition.
To pre-populate item fields:
1. Select a field you would like to fill in and click «Set Value».
2. Choose how you would like to pre-populate the field:
- Trigger Type:
- Update value — field value will be updated;
- Delete value — field item will be cleared.
- Set a default value — you can set an exact value to the field (available when Trigger Type is «Update value»);
- Type a rule expression using the Comindware Expression language — field value can be calculated using the formula written in the Comindware Expression language (See also: What is Comindware Expression Language) (available when Trigger Type is «Update value»).
3. When finished, click «Save».