Step 4: Create an Application
Applications allow to create, keep, and organize tasks or docs of the same type. There are three types of applications in CMW Tracker:
- applications to create and store workflow items, or «Workflow Apps». A workflow item is something which requires attention of several people in turn in your department, for example, a customer claim, a tracking issue, a help desk request.
- applications to create and store different tasks scattered across your team, or «Tasks Apps».
- applications to create and store documents of the same type, or «Documents Apps», for example, wiki articles in a wiki library or customer records in a customer base.
1. Open a workspace, in the left pane click «New Application».
2. Choose the application type. Specify the app name, description, click «Save».
3. Then configure the app settings: what information app items should keep, what they should look like, and how they should be processed. Add app members and assign security permissions to them.
See also: About Applications.
Next Step: Step 5: Configure Application: Set Up Fields.